Homeschooling in the Desert...

Welcome to our homeschool! We've been homeschooling since April 2007 - over 3 years now! We have 5 children and we homeschool the 3 youngest. At this time, they are 13, 11, and 10. We're finishing up 8th, 5th, and 4th grades. The purpose of our homeschool blog is to illustrate to our family and friends our chosen lifestyle... what we learn, how we learn, when we learn, etc.
Please feel free to follow along, to ask questions, to comment on our progress!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Ungrudgingly...

I found this quote last night and really took a lot from it.
" Every day that dawn brings something to do, which can never be done as well again.  We should, therefore, try to do it ungrudgingly and cheerfully.  It is the Lord's own work, which He has given us as surely as He has given us daily bread." - James Reed

This quote speaks volumes to me. It goes along with the Scripture, and I am paraphrasing be/c I can't remember where it is, that 'we should do every work as unto the Lord.'  Our laundry - we're doing it as unto the Lord. Our dishes? Diapers? (ok- not me) Errands?  Like Jesus is sitting right there watching us.

I have asked my homeschooled children in the past, 'Would you hand this paper into Jesus?'  Usually they say 'no.'  'So why are you giving it to me as completed?'  
God created us to work. We will spend eternity working.  I truly believe in Heaven we will enjoy it too.  I need to relate, over and over again, to my precious children, that their schoolwork here is Kingdom work.  They need to do every paper and math problem as if God will be checking their papers.  Why?  Because He expects us to do our best whether someone else is watching us or not.
That is something we all, as believers, need to remember.  If my children  can do it now, in their schoolwork, they will have no problem doing it in anything they do in life.

And ungrudgingly. That means with a smile! Wow. That's the hard part.

No comments:

Post a Comment